!!NEW SITE!!


Thursday, October 2, 2014

Emma Watson HeForShe Speech at the United Nations | UN Women 2014

She seemed a bit nervous but she did a great job! Everyone's talking about Emma Watson and her 'HeForShe' speech at the United Nations on September 20th. This is the first campaign of its kind at the UN. Watson, best known for her role as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series, is 24 years old and is a U.N. Women Global Goodwill Ambassador. She gave an amazing speech to launch a new gender campaign called #HeForShe. At the closing of her speech, she honestly states:

“In my nervousness for this speech and in my moments of doubt I've told myself firmly: if not me, who? If not now, when? If you have similar doubts when opportunities are presented to you, I hope those words might be helpful.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...