!!NEW SITE!!


Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Longest Way 1.0 - walk through China and grow a beard! - a photo every day timelapse

Great time lapse/photo-every-day vid by Christoph Rehage who takes us on his journey through China - a 4500km trek that took a year and growing a beard in the process. He started out on November 9th, 2007....






INFO: 
▶ I never finished my original goal of walking to Germany. Instead, I walked for a year and roughly 4500km, passed the Gobi desert, and then decided to stop walking for now. 
▶ All of the distance from Beijing to Ürümqi was completed solely on foot, straight good old walking. There are instances where you can see me in the video sitting on a plane or riding a boat, but those are during breaks I had to take from walking, either to sort out bureaucracy issues or to take care of some personal things.
▶ I had been planning this trip for over a year before I even started, and getting as far as I got was an experience for which I am very grateful.
▶ Obtaining the necessary visa for a trip like this was not very easy, hence I had to go back to Beijing a few times to resolve some issues.
▶ This is not a strict "1 pic a day" video, because I wanted to make it a bit more alive by adding some additional movement. Sometimes during the film you would follow me turn around, or something would happen in the background. I tried to capture these moments to make the video more interesting.
▶ If you liked the music I used in this video, get it here: The Kingpins - "L'Aventurier" http://bit.ly/RXOMaz Zhu Fengbo - "Olive Tree"http://bit.ly/UDsHT7 
▶ The core of this project is in actually my blog where I have posted my extensive travel diary, starting from day 1 (Nov 9th 2007) and describing every single day until the end one year later.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...