!!NEW SITE!!


Tuesday, June 9, 2015

At 99-years-old, Grandma Doreetha Graduates From College

"Well I did it," remarked 99-year-old Doreetha Daniels. Yes you did! Good for you! Doreetha graduated from college on Friday, completing her own personal goal of earning a college degree before turning 100, and it was a dream come true. Her dream began while she was a young girl growing up in Nebraska and she finally found inspiration when she seen her grandkids receive their master's degrees. “So I said well, I’m not doing anything, I’m tired of my hobbies, so I’m going to go to school,” Daniels said.

She’s old enough to remember the Great Depression, World War II, the Civil Rights Movement, the collapse of the Berlin Wall, and most recently, the rise of the digital information age. - nbclosangeles




Now that she has her associate’s degree, her family is encouraging her to go for her bachelor’s. Doreetha said she’ll think about it.

Info source: nbclosangeles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...